it’s only 10 days since the last post, you might think. I find the idea of updating my progress through the blog posts encouraging and a it might help me to self-reflect on what I’m doing. I’m my only coach right now. Let this blog be my second one 🙂 Oh, right! There are some friends who I talk with about becoming a developer and who work in the field. There is more than just the two of us!
- I have 1 video left on the Java for Complete Beginners course! This took some time, because I had to go through all the new concepts, especially the ones about the Data Structures. I can’t say that I’ve mastered everything. I can say that I know so much more compared to the time before the course.
- I didn’t make much progress to my surprise on the Udemy course. I have to work harder on it!
- I watched some videos about the Spring framework
- I checked job offers for what is required of me when I will be applying for jobs, I now have much better of an idea
- I watched a video outlining specifically what is required for getting that Java developer job. Basically knowledge of one programming language (Java) and and how to use it + all the bonuses that make me a better candidate like knowledge of Git, design patterns, relative databases, TDD, knowledge of HTTP protocols, REST services, clean code, solid, HTML, CSS
- I decided what my leading project will be to finish till the end of October, which will allow me to practice all the concepts required of me when I apply for jobs: songs database stored on the server with a website client. Like a smaller version of Spotify, where I will start with setting up a server, database and making it possible for a client to manipulate that database. Then I can try to add functionality like storing music files and playing them.